Quality Journeyman Tile Setter (journeyman)
Direct Supervisor: Team Supervisor
Indirect Supervisor: General Manager, Operations Manager, Installation Coordinator
Pay includes up to $76,960.00 annually, plus bonus on work completed ahead of schedule, Helper provided, Work Vehicle provided, medical benefits, 401k retirement.
- Applies tile to walls, floors, and. counter tops using the full mortar bed method.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all procedures and equipment for installation.
- Reports any process and equipment problems.
- Organizes work for smooth operations.
- Ensures that established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Verifies correct identification, quantaties, and placement of product to be installed.
- Assists with loading and unloading of trucks and verifies that paperwork, and orders are correct.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the work area, and upholding quality and quantity standards of the job.
- Returns all unused tile and material to the warehouse.
- Whenever possible, resolves inqueries and job problems directly so the job can be completed promptly.
Equipment: Work Truck, Forklift, Pallet Jack, tile saw, power tools, scaffolding, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Driver is responsible for their company vehicle and for vehicle maintenance sheets for their work vehicle.
- This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
- Requires minimum of (9900) hours work experience.
- Ability to analyze blueprints, specifications, selection sheets, and job tags.
- Good math, language, reading skills.
- Responsible with equipment and vehicles.
- Clean driving record (no property damage accidents, or DUIs within the past three years).
- Good vision, and normal hearing range.
- Good physical condition, able to lift up to 100 lbs. safely. Requires bending, stooping, kneeling, balancing, and reaching.
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Requires all hand tools needed to perform work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Your input is important and encouraged. Future management/estimating opportunities. We don’t care what planet you are from just that you are passionate about your job, capable, and extraordinary!
- If you are not a Journeyman Tile Setter but interested in becoming one, we will train you.